Before we Set-up Firebase Project using Firebase Console, we have to know the introduction about Firebase like what is Firebase and Why we use it on the web and app development. Here are 3 major points to discuss,
- What is Firebase?
- Why we use Firebase?
- Complete Visual Guide to Set-up Firebase Project using Firebase Console
- Firebase CLI Set-up
What is Firebase?
Firebase is a platform that is used to build and grow your app on a large scale. It also provides some services which normally developers build themselves.
Here are some properties provided by Firebase are, analytics, authentication, databases, configuration, file storage, push messaging, and the list goes on. All these things are hosted on the cloud and scale with little effort by the developers.
Why we use Firebase?
Here are some major thing which makes Firebase important to use,
- Cloud Messaging: Deliver and receive messages in a more reliable way across platforms
- Authentication: Already integrated authentications for many services.
- Hosting: Render content faster
- Remote Configuration: Customize your app on the go
- Test Lab: Test in the lab instead of on your users
- Crash Reporting: Keep your app stable
- Realtime Database: Store and sync app data in Realtime
- Storage: File storing made easy
Complete Visual Guide to Set-up Firebase Project using Firebase Console
Go to https://console.firebase.google.com/ and then click on “Create a project”.
Set project name according to your project then check the agree terms checkbox.
Now enable google analytics for the project and other services and then continue.
Select your analytics ID from the dropdown then click on create project button.
Now your project is successfully created. On the next page you can see your project name with a “Continue” button.
Now click on the highlighted code icon to setup the firebase SDK for project.
Now we register the App for firebase hosting which we created earlier with a name input also. Then click on “Register app” button.
Now you can get the Firebase SDK, can be used with the web application.
Firebase CLI Set-up
To set up firebase command line interface or CLI you have to install node first.
Here the complete steps to setup firebase CLI set-up.
- Open Command prompt on your Windows machine or terminal on Linux then, run
npm install -g firebase-toolscommand.
- Now we initialize the firebase project by login in using firebase CLI, run the below commands.
- Sign in to Google:
- Initiate your project:
- Deploy your web app:
firebase deploy(Put your static files (e.g., HTML, CSS, JS))
- Sign in to Google:
Here is the complete Visual Guide to Set-up Firebase Project using Firebase Console and Firebase CLI.
If you have facing any issue please let me know using comments.
- Login with Google Account using PHP Step by Step
- How to Keep Value After Page Reload in PHP
- Save contact form data in CSV file using PHP
- How to Embed PDF in Website Using HTML
6 Replies to “Set-up Firebase Project using Firebase Console”