Here today I give you some tips about how to set up a Laravel project on local using XAMPP or WAMP server.
For Windows users, there Some steps to which you do first,
Table of Content
- Download XAMPP or WAMP server
- Download Composer, for Laravel package control, you can download from the below link,Composer download link: https://getcomposer.org/download/
When you completed the installation of the composer you can check from your windows CMD,
Write composer hit ENTER on your cmd which looks like this,
- Next, Download Git Bash from a given link for running composer, Git: https://git-scm.com/downloads
Now, Windows, Linux, and MacOS users can continue from the below steps.
- Run the XAMPP or any server on your system, open PHPMYADMIN or database, create the database named with
- Pull or download the Laravel project from Git.
- On the Laravel project package, you can see the .enc.example file which is inside your root directory. Rename
.envSo, open a command prompt and write the following command mv .env.example .env.
- Open the console and cd to the root directory of your project.
php composer.phar install.
php artisan key:generate
php artisan migrate
php artisan db:seedrun seeders, if any.
php artisan serve.
After completed all these things, on your browser running project look like this,